Welcome Message

Sign up to receive discounts, new product info, and other exclusive news and offers! Click www.douglasjamescottrell.com

Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 06 Thursday

May peace of mind be with you today.
Comments about my Blog have been encouraging. I trust you have found this Blog easily. If not your suggestions on how to improve the accessibility of my Blog is welcomed. An author and friend of mine "Robert A" (after congratulating me with a "good call" on the Gold Prices dropping) told me that the only thing about writing a Blog is writing the Blog. "You have to keep feeding the Blog" he said. My education continues as does the areas of interest for this Blog. In taking Robert's advice I shall try not to be frivolous as I offer information and comments that come to mind on my life and its experiences.

My dog Max “The Wonder Dog” is hanging out with me at the Centre. He is an old dog, as I am, but he is very bright and I would say “intuitive”. We communicate telepathically and he limps along, as I do sometimes, from previous over extensions of a physical nature. Mine from football his from cold floors and a life outside before we rescued him from the shelter.

Shower ideas… Have you ever noticed that “great ideas” come to you when you are in the shower or bathroom? Many creative people I know have had inspirations “in the little room”. My friend George Carlin ( the great Californian Comedian) used to get his inspirations in the bathroom and run through his house to his office (a room in his converted garage) to “write them down”… right away. Shower ideas can be worth a million dollars, or at lease can help find a solution to life’s problems…..if you write them down. I believe when one is in the privacy of their bathroom the mind is free to roam and it centres on the issues of the day. It’s a meditation state that allows the mind to slip in to a state of intelligence that normally is unavailable. - I was thinking (in the shower) the other day “why not have a water proof pen and paper in the shower to write these great ideas down?… Perhaps an underwater slate and pen set, like they use on TV underwater exploration shows, to write down my shower ideas.” hummmmmm

On Tuesday I sat in on an excellent class at the MMSCI Centre. A Spiritual Discussion Group (hosted by my good friend Al E) explored the wisdom of leading authors in Spirituality. The topic of Shamanism and the Spiritual World was enthusiastically discussed by the group along with the idea and meaning of the human ego. This class is an open forum encouraging participants to ask questions and gain insight into the mysteries of Life. See details on the website: http://www.manymansionscenters.org/

A great lady, Jill R is, conducting a class on Animal Communications next Tuesday Jan 11. Don't miss out on this exciting class discussing how to better communicate with your pets on a "higher level" I would expect learning how to "talk to your pets" would be a good thing to do.

Friday is Study Group night and I am the host. Questions can be asked on any topic or concern. The intention is to learn how to cope with life and to live a spiritual life and its natural laws. To be in harmony with these laws is to prosper and improve the quality of ones life. Discussing why something has happened, or what to do about a circumstance, can bring relief and set a course of action. Also, mystical explanations regarding the Spiritual world or Heavens above can be helpful and empowering. Donations are graciously accepted.

One of the most popular workshops I have the pleasure of teaching is Past Life Recall. There is nothing more exciting then the self discovery of learning about your past experiences in previous lives. This workshop is being offered weekend (Saturday, January 8th, 2011) and I suspect it will be a small class, which is perfect for participants as it gives you more time and opportunity to ask all your questions in regards to reincarnation!
The workshop begins at 10 am and goes until to 2 pm, approximately. The course is $40/pp for MMSCI Members and $60/pp for non-members. Call to pre-register or for more information 289-396-7699

Spiritual Healing Service this Sunday, January 9, 2011. The service begins at 1:30 pm at our Many Mansions Spiritual Centre located at 180 Beach Blvd, Hamilton, Ontario.
We expect, and we have seen, authentic Miracles at our MMSCI services! Come if you wish to be part of this special day. God Almighty and the Divine Beings above join with us and answer our prayers, for those present, for those who are at a distance and for the world around us. Donations graciously accepted.

1 comment:

  1. Douglas, I've been following you since you came out to Los Angeles a few years ago to promote your book (at the Bodhi Tree bookstore) & give a few of us healings (it really worked for me). Glad to see you've taken to blogging.

    I'm writing to tell you about a gadget I use to record ideas, dreams, etc. I use a small digital voice recorder, and keep it close to me, even at bedside. They have enormous capacity (many hours), and the good ones come with software that can quickly upload all your messages to a computer, where they can be managed - this saves on the recorder's batteries. Mine is a Sony, but there are many manufacturers, and they're well under $100 US.

    The voice recorder is an enormous improvement over pen and paper. I can record ideas while driving, biking, whatever. I don't need to turn on the lights or open my eyes when I want to record a dream. Most importantly, I don't lose ideas as much as I used to.

    Anyway, glad to communicate with you this way, glad to see you're writing. I hope to visit you someday in Hamilton or Montreal.

    ReplyDelete