Welcome Message

Sign up to receive discounts, new product info, and other exclusive news and offers! Click www.douglasjamescottrell.com

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Madrid Tour March 7th

The tour continues: With internet hookup a problem, and a power outage at my host, Cristine’s country home, it's been a while getting back to my Blog (see pictures below of our country accommodations and Ixone with Cristine's daughter, Maria). However, we have been very well received here in Madrid. The conference I attended last Sunday went well with little promotion. My appearance was listed in the show's brochure and generated a fair bit of interest in my talk about DTM meditation.

The interest in my work helped Ixone (pronounced E-shoan-E, she is my business associate and interpreter here in Madrid) to follow her intuition. One of those coincidental meetings (that the universe had already arranged) hooked us up with a great new lady-friend, Charo. This dynamic lady owns and operates a wonderful Spiritual centre in Madrid called “Jardin de Luz” (or "Garden of Light", see pictures below). Our Friend Charo strikes a pose in front of her centre. Notice the poster. Charo was very gracious to Ixone and I and we became instant friends.
Prior to meeting Charo and going to lunch, Ixone took time out (between taking appointments and making phone calls with clients who wanted readings with me) and we had a quick walk around a large park where did the tourist thing and took some pictures. See below: a famous fountain with elaborate castings of water bearer figures, just steps away from the busy streets of Madrid.

For everything there is a first time...This first time for me was my driving a car in busy rush-hour traffic in Madrid.

The food here is very good. We went to a Sushi restaurant where I had the unusual experience of listening to the ordering of our meal in Spanish with Japanese waiters who spoke Spanish not English. One of those culture-shock moments for me!

We stopped by to ask a doorman for directions on our way to Charo's store. Later, as we returned by this place, we found ourselves surrounded by security agents who ringed the area as 2 military VIPs came past us and quickly entered waiting limousines. I had the thought of reaching into my pocket for my camera...but decided under the circumstances this might not be a good idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment